Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jungle Dance


Kaushik Viswanath
     


There was a crow called Kaka
Who thought he was my uncle
When I told him he was not,
He sent me to the jungle.

In the jungle was my uncle
I called him Ramu chacha
He began to dance and said
“You like my cha-cha naach aa?”

“Yes, it’s nice,” I said. He said,
“Why don’t you also naacho?”
I just ate tortilla chips
‘Cause dancing isn’t macho.

So then he danced the salsa,
To complement my chips
“If you dance with me,” he said,
“You can even try more dips.”

So we danced mayo and ketchup,
Chutney, cream, and hummus
A tiger came and ate us up
And growled, “They were quite yummus.”

So I say to you my friend,
When dancing with your uncle,
Keep an eye out for big cats,
Especially in the jungle.

Kaushik needs no introduction. A regular columnist at the online newspaper,The Indian Express, he has quite a fan following. Do read more by him at: http://nonsenseofkaushik.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! :D
    Hope to see more of your humorous pieces in our future issues!

    ReplyDelete